Behind the scenes– want to know what it costs to run a 6-figure biz?
I should preface this by saying that on my way to building a 6 figure biz (starting from food stamps and waitressing 6 nights a week while I raised a toddler alone…) the money wasn’t my only important goal.
LOTS OF FREE TIME was right up there with it.
In fact, I was determined to build a 6-figure biz without compromising my relationship with my kid, WHILE homeschooling her for two of those years, and WHILE only working 4 days a week most of the time.
In order to claim ownership of my time, I had to do a few things RIGHT off the bat.
I needed support– and I hired a coach before I could even comfortably pay for it because I KNEW I wanted to grow quickly and comfortably, feeling supported and not spinning my wheels or building by a tedious trial and error process.
I also got CRYSTAL clear about my goals and the way I used my time by creating and implementing the use of Sacred Structure (get this tool for free right here: click me ) so that I could get a LOT done in a little amount of time (crucial when, at the beginning of IAC I had about 4 hours a week TOTAL to work on it!)
But in order to grow, in order to make more, serve more women, and WORK LESS each year, in order to work smarter, but not HARDER, and in order to keep leveraging my work so more women have access to it and I’m not working more and more trying to meet their demands, I’ve invested a LOT of money into my biz.
And I thought it might be helpful for you to get a peek behind the scenes to see how much support (and what KIND) I’m getting that’s helping me grow from 6-figures to MID-6 figures while working less and less each year.
The Curret IAC Team of Goddesses:
- Client care: ALL client needs, basic admin for me, and support on a daily basis (about $800 a month)
- Accountability coach-in-training: $200 retainer, plus $60 per 30-40 minute session she does for me (will be raised soon)
- Copywriter– works on a per month basis depending on what she’s writing for me, but about $600-$1200 a month, including providing copy-writing support to MY clients.
- Website manager- deals with all things website, branding, and page-related. She does all the pages that the biz needs– landing pages, sales pages, creates programs for me, e-courses, etc. On a $1000 monthly retainer right now- will be raising to a $2000 a month retainer soon to get passive incoming running from my website.
- Social Media Strategist: $800 to run a 3 ad campaign, plus about $800-$1000 for the actual campaign.
Last but NEVER least– MY coach and mastermind group that gives me surround-sound support at the HIGHEST level: $1100 a month.
PLUS: on the personal side:
- personal trainer (3-4x a week)
- house cleaner (2-4x a month)
- dog trainer/exerciser
- preventative health care: massage, acupuncture, healthy food, etc
This seems like a lot, right? But it enables me to:
- work 4 days a week
- take off EVERY school day off or vacation to be with my kids
- ONLY do the parts of my biz that I LOVE and am good at
- give myself free time during the week– to connect with friends, be outdoors, and take care of myself
- grow to serve more and more women without compromising my time, or my health, OR my relationships.
Here’s a quick video I made early in the morning for you about this topic: INVEST!
It’s not just about what your biz can do, or how much you can make. It’s about how you FEEL. The quality of your relationships. Your daily joy.
With a (free) proven tool to grow a successful business.